Pages

Subscribe to stay updated!

Friday, April 3, 2020

Welcome!



In a time of growing uncertainty, there's no better place to look for answers than at the bottom of a sack of flour. Benjamin Holland is a small-scale artisan Miller on the north side of Chicago, grinding the finest local, family-farmed, sustainably grown grains between hand-sharpened, American granite millstones. My small cottage business is ready for safe, no-contact pickup, though I would love to see pics when you pull 'em out of the oven! Physical distancing doesn't have to be social distancing. Let's keep sourcing the finest products from our local growers and millers, and keep giving the gift of bread (and all the baked goods!) to our neighbors and loved ones. Contact me at (773) 675-7359 or truegrainartisanmilling@gmail.com, and let's get the stones turning!

3 comments:

  1. Made my first loaf of rye bread yesterday! It came out great! Excellent flour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the rye flour. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude...
    I've been getting my wheat flour from Baker Miller and they aren't selling their wheat reserves right now because of the COVID. I've changed my starter food to a combination of rye & all purpose because that's all I can find right now on the shelves. Like, I don't *need* locally-sourced, freshly-milled artisanal flour in the midst of a global crisis, but I can't find wheat flour anywhere! Thank you so much for what you're providing here! Distributing bread is a great way to show your loved ones you're thinking of them right now, and I haven't been able to for weeks.

    ReplyDelete